Coronavirus: guidelines for Park visitors
The Trustees of Moseley Park and Pool recognise the importance of the Park to the community, especially in light of the coronavirus pandemic. We know that people (and dogs) need exercise and fresh air and are therefore committed to keeping the Park open as long as it is safe to do so. Government advice suggested that it was safe for healthy people ‘to go for a walk outdoors if you stay more than 2 metres from others’, but this advice has now been strengthened and it is imperative that social distancing is observed if the Park is to stay open.*
We will continue to monitor advice coming from the NHS, Public Health England and the Government, but in the meantime would ask all users to observe the following guidance:
1. Wash your hands for 20 seconds before setting out for the Park and again when you return home. You may also wish to consider a barrier method such as gloves or using a jacket sleeve when opening and closing the gates.
2. Use your own fob, which should be kept clean, to enter and leave the Park to avoid transmitting the virus between Park users.
3. Walking through the Park, stay at least 2 metres from other Park users.
4. If you are walking a dog, keep it under control and ensure it does not jump up at other users.
5. Do not use the drinking fountains. Bring your own water bottle instead.
6. Please be even more careful about dropping litter, for the safety of other Park users and our staff. Use the bins or, better still, take your litter home.
7. Try to avoid taking public transport to and from the Park.
8. Do NOT come to the Park if you feel ill or unwell.
9. Do NOT come to the Park as a group. For the period of the emergency, the Trust discourages all group meetings in the Park.
10. Do NOT drink alcohol in the Park.
11. Please walk around the narrow poolside paths in an anti-clockwise direction.
12. Finally, enjoy some peace and quiet away from the stresses of Covid-19!
*Government advice on social distancing can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people/guidance-on-social-distancing-for-everyone-in-the-uk-and-protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults